My name is Sorin Stamate and I have an experience of 35 years at sea. A brief history of my life in terms of education, career, work experience and so on is listed below.
On August 1979 I graduated from Maritime Institute, Constanta, Romania.
A chronicle of my career is as follows:
· October 1979 – Unlimited 3rd Mate License;
· February 1981 – Unlimited 2nd Mate License;
· September 1985 – Unlimited Chief Mate License;
· From December 2005 – Unlimited Captain License.
Along this time, I served on board of various types of ships:
· 90 months on Bulk Carriers;
· 72 months on General Cargo vessels;
· 21 months on Ro-Ro / Ferries;
· 21 months on Container vessels;
· 18 months on Multipurpose vessels, including heavy lift;
· 16 months on Pure Car Carriers;
And with these I sailed anywhere on the world’s oceans, except the Arctic and the Antarctic waters.
Other than the Romanian companies, I was employee to British, Greek, Hong Kong, Italian, German, Malta, Norwegian and Turkish companies (in alphabetic order).
Unfortunately, I am currently retired. Fortunately, now I have enough time to deal with this website, which is an old project of mine.